4 x 6 oil on 3/8" gessoed panel
Lucille's Gas Station and Auto Court was built in 1927 and purchased in 1941 by Carl and Lucille Harmon. When Carl passed Lucille continued to manage the business, even after the arrival of the Interstate. Because of her devotion to Route 66, she was dubbed "Mother of the Mother Road." In 1997 Lucille's was named to the National Historic Register and she received the Oklahoma 66 Hall of Fame Award. Today Lucille's has new owners and has been nicely restored as a historic symbol of the old Route.