Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Yellow Truck-WIP


A couple of years ago I bought this Tonka truck at a flea market. At the time I didn't know why I wanted it, just thought it was kind of cool. Well it sat out on my patio doing nothing, gathering dust and a little rust, living quite a lonely existence. Last month when we moved out of our house, somehow the truck found it's way into the back of my crowded car and found a new home in my friend's studio. Well I decided that he deserved more than I had given him up to now and I placed him on a pedestal and began to immortalize him. I began the painting a few days ago and it is on a 20 x 24 stretched canvas, I am trying to capture every detail of this lovely guy in hope that he will forgive me for my past neglect and mistreatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment