Thursday, November 18, 2010

Calimari on Blue Dish


Oil on Linen Panel
8 x 10

One of the dishes that I prepare, usually at holidays, is stuffed calamari and it is a favorite of my family members. When we arrived in The Haigue one of my daughters first requests was for a stuffed calamari dinner. In preparing the dinner I set aside a few to use in this still life much to the chagrin of the dinner guests. I finally finished the painting after several sessions. I tried to deal with the odor by sealing them and putting them in the freezer for short sessions, but it was a struggle, well now they are gone and I am a bit sorry for having wasted them.

1 comment:

  1. Maria,
    This is truly magnificent!! We only wish it was
    hanging in our studio right now! We miss you.

    Korky and Richard

    ReplyDelete