Tuesday, April 20, 2010

We have been on the road visiting our family in San Francisco, so have not had time to do much work. We did go to the John Pence Gallery and had an opportunity to see the new show. The work of Carl Dobsky is simply magnificent. I also had the opportunity to see the works of many of the fine artists from the Grand Central Academy, which were very impressive, especially the actual paintings of Jacob Collins one of my personal favorites. Seeing these works up close is an awe inspiring experience.

Tonight I am attending the open figure session at the studio of Sadie Jernigan Valeri, a wonderful contemporary realist painter. I am looking forward to both meeting Sadie as well as getting back to doing some work. Hopefully I will have something to post tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment